Broken Streets - who pays?

Qu: If a driver crashes into council owned property/signs, do you think that the council should seek to recoup the costs to repair the damage from the drivers insurance?

Background: If someone crashes into your car, normally you would exchange details and your insurance company would re-coup the costs to repair the damage from the other parties insurer. Should we apply the same logic to recovering costs of damaged street furniture?
Can we keep you updated?

If you submit this form, the Liberal Democrats, locally and nationally, may use information in it, including your political views, to further our objectives, share it with our elected representatives and contact you in future using any of the means provided. Some contacts may be automated. You may opt out of some or all contacts or exercise your other legal rights by contacting us. Further details are in our Privacy Policy at

Sign in with Facebook, Twitter or Email.