It’s an exciting time for Wandsworth Liberal Democrats. Over the last two years, we have seen an upsurge in our membership and we have increased our vote share across the borough.
We have an enthusiastic team of volunteers who are committed to forging a way forward for the Lib Dems in Putney and the wider Borough of Wandsworth. We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join the team. This person will help us build the team, boost the Lib Dem’s presence in Wandsworth and put us on track to increase our share of votes in future local and general elections. We are looking to win our first seats on the Council in 2022 and the organiser will help us pave the way for this achievement.
The purpose of the role is to provide campaigning support across Wandsworth. You will work predominantly with the Putney team and also provide general infrastructure support that will benefit the teams in Tooting and Battersea.
The successful applicant will be a campaigner, with some experience of organising and coordinating campaigning activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing Literature - Leading the production of literature for the local party.
- Typically, at least one piece of literature a month, often with ward or constituency specific variants.
- Wandsworth Social Media and digital infrastructure - helping to update Wandsworth social media accounts and website with content from across the borough.
- Attending regular local party meetings (typically in evenings) and managing a joint online calendar.
- Organising campaigning activities including action days.
- Building networks with the wider Lib Dem party.
- Maintaining mailing lists for the party and replying to emails.
- Support the organisation of events and booking speakers
- Helping to organise training for members and attending training sessions as appropriate.
The following criteria are considered essential:
- Experience of producing campaign literature.
- Experience of digital communications, including email lists, mailout systems.
- Demonstrable experience of working to deliver effective campaigns.
- Experience of coordinating a diverse range of activities.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, members, volunteers and external organisations.
- An ability to proactively engage with volunteers in a confident manner, to persuade them to participate in campaigning activities.
- Excellent written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, self-motivating and managing your own workload.
- Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathetic to the values and principles of the Liberal Democrats.
The following criteria are considered desirable:
- Experience of software packages used by the Liberal Democrats including PagePlus, Connect, NationBuilder.
Salary, Conditions and Benefits
• The salary will be £22,000 pro-rata.
• This is a permanent contract with a probation period of three months
• Part time (21 hrs/week) and full-time applicants (35 hrs/week) will both be considered
• You will work predominately remotely, managing your own time and workload, with regular weekend and evening work.
• Annual leave is 25 days pro-rata per year plus bank holidays.
• The period of notice will be 1 month.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and cover letter (explaining how your skills and
experience suit the role) to Stephen Bieniek at email@example.com
Closing Date: 5pm 7 January 2019
Interview date: w/c 21st Jan
Start date: asap